Term: Permanent Full Time
Location: Wast Hills Training Ground, Redhill Road, Kings Norton, Birmingham, B38 9EL
Salary: circa £33,000
Application closing date: 10/05/2015
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for the new role of Assistant Academy Manager based at Wast Hills Training Ground. The purpose of the role is to support the Academy Manager in the delivery of the Academy coaching programme through the implementation of the Academy Performance Plan and Coach Competency Framework with direct responsibility for mentoring the clubs Academy coaches. Duties will include (but not limited to):
- Be an Ambassador of BCFC, by communicating and promoting the Academy culture creating an elite environment for the development of young players.
- Use the Academy Performance Plan to ensure consistent coaching best practice across the Academy to ensure player development is in line with APP.
- Implementation of the Academy coaching curriculum for the U9-U21 age groups through the processes outlined in the Academy Performance Plan.
- Ensure the coaching contact time for Academy players is in line with EPPP requirements.
- Plan, prepare and deliver coaching sessions across all phases of the Academy.
- Manage the recording process within the PMA for coaching and games programme data (attendance, session objectives, session plans, fixtures, player objectives).
- Manage the Individual Learning Plans (ILP’s) process.
- Lead the monitoring and evaluation of players to include the multidisciplinary performance review process.
- Design and implementation of a multidisciplinary CPD programme for Academy Coaches.
- Develop close working relationships with the FA Youth Coach Educator programme.
- Management of the Coach Competency Framework (CCF), Individual Coach Development Plans, coach observations and the formal appraisal process.
- Direct responsibility for mentoring the clubs Academy coaches, providing support and direction to them so that they excel in delivering the clubs Technical programme.
- Management of the coaching environment, coaching behaviours, session format and content.
- Support the Academy Manager in the recruitment and supervision of the Academy coaching staff, taking measures to maintain the highest professional standards at all times.
- To provide the relevant information to the Academy Operations department on the coaching schedule enabling effective communication to staff, players and parents.
- Operation of a Football / Coaching Meeting within the set meeting schedule.
- Assist in the identification and recruitment of players for each of the coaching phases.
- Attendance at all professional development events organised by the Academy.
- Maintain an up to date training needs analysis (TNA) for all coaches working within the Academy Programme.
- Creation of a coaching resource library inclusive of best practice sessions for each coaching cell.
- Submission of the relevant information to update and produce the yearly Academy Coaching Curriculum and Academy Brochure.
- Liaison with the Academy sport science staff on all sport science related programmes integrated in the coaching programme.
- Liaison with the Academy Head of Education on the performance of players accessing education programmes.
- Ensure the well being of Academy players at all times liaising with the Club’s Head of Safeguarding on all safeguarding related matters.
- Liaison with parents and third parties associated with the Academy Programme.
- Ensure the Academy facility is kept tidy at all times.
- Assist where necessary other members of the department.
- Provide a high level of appearance at all times. Full training kit is to be worn at the training ground for practical activities and at all other times, trousers, shirt and smart shoes are worn in the office.
- Ensure compliance with all the Policies and Procedures contained within the Staff Handbook, paying particular regard to the Equal Opportunities Policy and Health & Safety Policy and procedures at all times.
- UEFA A Licence
- FA Youth Award Modules
- UEFA Pro Licence
- BSc (Hons) Sports / Coaching related degree
- F.A Advanced Youth Award
- Teaching related qualifications
- F.A Tutor training modules
- First Aid Training for Coaches
Skills & Abilities
- Proven practical coaching skills
- Mentoring skills
- The ability to provide observation, recording and feedback
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to successfully deal with conflict
- Utilises appropriate influencing styles and approaches in facilitating a group towards task achievement
- Excellent IT & Presentation skills
- Knowledge of EPPP rules, regulations and processes
- Knowledge of PMA system and the player performance clock
- Ability to provide session observation and feedback to coaches
- Seeks to maximise own and others’ potential and seeks to develop and share new skills and knowledge
- Excellent organisation and scheduling skills
- Previous coach education position
- Line management skills
- Knowledge of Performance Analysis
- 3 years coaching experience in an elite environment
- Experience of players in each of the development phases
- Experience delivering CPD within the football pyramid
- Skills or experience in event management
- Skills or experience in meeting coordination
- Skills or experience in data collection
- Skills or experience in document / proposal creation
- Team working
- Must be highly organised
- Transparency and effective communication
- Honest, trustworthy and reliable
- Flexibility with working hours required to meet demands of the role
- Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. This role is regarded as a ‘Regulated Activity’ and is therefore subject to an Enhanced DBS check, (previously a CRB check) which includes the barred list for working with children. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974
- Full and clean UK driving licence
Only applicants that meet the above criteria for the person specification will be considered for the role.
Applicants will be required to undertake practical tests and a competency based interview as part of the recruitment process. In order to allow for internal holidays and depending on the level of response interviews may be postponed until June/July.
Birmingham City Football Club prides itself on the support it offers its employees and as such offers a variety of excellent benefits, for example, pension, life assurance 2 x salary, free car parking, two free season tickets and membership to Blues Loyalty Scheme. If you offered a position with the company your offer letter will clearly set out the benefits to which you are entitled.
CV’s will not be accepted.
Birmingham City FC is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the Community.
Voor solliciteren op deze vacature ga naar https://birmingham-city-fc.eventdaystaff.co.uk/welcome.php